Lionel Messi has been left “shocked” and “dejected” by Barcelona’s failure to renew his contract.
Messi has been a free agent since July 1, but believed a long-term deal on a slashed salary had been agreed.
The 34-year-old even looked forward to meeting up with his teammates to resume training on Friday.
However, Barcelona announced Messi will not be staying at the club, due to financial restrictions placed upon them by LaLiga.
- A lawyer makes beautiful argument for faith
- Abba Kayri Denies $1.1M Bribe Scandal, Says He Only Received 300,000 Worth Of Clothes From Hushpuppi
Messi’s father, Jorge, flew to Barcelona to meet with the club’s officials to close the deal and sign the new contract. But he was left stunned when the president, Joan Laporta, said that the club was not in a position to register the Argentine.
According to Diario SPORT, the decision hwhatas “emotionally destroyed” Messi as he did “not expect it at all”.
Mancity Vs Arsenal: City thrashes Arsenal 5-0
The pressure continues to mount on Mikel Arteta after another horrible day for Arsenal at the Etihad.
The Gunners now sit at the bottom of the early 2021/22 Premier League table after losing three successive matches to open a season for the first time since 1954.
Despite a promising start, Arsenal trailed 2-0 after just 12 minutes on Saturday thanks to goals from Ilkay Gundogan and Ferran Torres that involved some truly abysmal defending.
Things went from bad to worse 10 minutes before the break when Granit Xhaka was rightly sent off for a two-footed tackle on Joao Cancelo.
Jack Grealish teed up Gabriel Jesus for a third City goal shortly before half-time and proceedings just inevitably got even uglier for 10-man Arsenal after the interval.
Arteta’s demoralised and overmatched side were left chasing shadows in what resembled an attack vs defence training match as Rodri and Torres added further goals, with only some solid saves from Bernd Leno preventing the punishment from being even worse.
Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Lukaku Scores In First Match On Return To Chelsea
Romelu Lukaku opened his Chelsea account just 15 minutes into his second debut after he scored the first goal against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.
Lukaku, who was drafted straight into the starting line-up by Thomas Tuchel, got on the end of Reece James’ cross before tapping the ball home from close-range.
The Belgian received a warm welcome from the Blues fans before kick-off and sent them into delirium with the opening goal in north London.
This, however, isn’t the first time he has scored on his first appearance after signing for a new team, having done so at his four previous clubs.
- Leadership Of IPOB: Kanu Created More Followers and Less Leaders
- BBNaija Season 6: Pere Gets 9 Nominations From Housemates, See Who Nominated Who
After a disappointing first spell at Stamford Bridge, the 28-year-old spent some time out at West Bromwich Albion and netted on his debut for the Baggies in a 3-0 win over Liverpool.
Lukaku left Chelsea to join Everton on loan in summer 2013, and, just three weeks later, he hit the winning goal in 3-2 success at West Ham United, continuing the trend set at the West Midlands outfit.
His time at the Toffees proved to a successful one as he earned a move to Manchester United, four years after initially signing for the Blues.
Messi Rejects Neymar’s No 10 Jersey, Chooses A New Shirt
Lionel Messi will not wear the number 10 shirt at Paris Saint-Germain, according to Telefoot.
The 34-year-old is set to complete a stunning move to the Ligue 1 giants as a free agent after his contract with Barcelona expired.
This means Messi will play for a different team for the first time in 21 years.
- Covid-19 Could Be Treated For Under $1 Daily – Israeli Scientist Says
- California firefighter saves US flag just feet away from flames of Dixie Fire
The Argentina captain will also wear a new number, as he has turned down Neymar’s offer to take his no 10 jersey.
Instead, Messi will wear the no 19 shirt for PSG.
He had previously worn the number for Barcelona and Argentina.
Messi is expected to sign a two-year deal with the French club over this weekend, with the option of a further year.
- FFK Instrumental To The Abduction Of Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze
- I Didn’t Know My Son Wasn’t Fathered By Nedu – Nedu Wazobia’s Ex-Wife Says
- Religious Christianity- A Tool Of Oppression, Imperialism And Expansionist Conquest – By Osondu Shere
- UNN Mandates Students To Pay Certain Amount To see results
- Sit At Home: Truck Loaded With Spare Parts Set Ablaze In Enugu
- BREAKING: Uganda’s Museveni wins sixth term with 58.6% vote on
- Expect No Honor, You Played No Role In Training Your Daughter: Man Replies Ngozi Ezeonu’s Ex-Husband on
- Boko Haram Bill An Insult To Nigerians – Plateau Senator on
- world Bank to approve $2.2 billion in support of Nigerian human capital and economic development on
- Seyi Makinde receives 7 days ultimatum to revert NURTW ban on