South East Nigeria was crippled economically today, 9th of August 2021, following the order by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
IPOB had 2weeks ago issued an order that every living person in the region should sit at home, in an effort to protest the illegal abduction or rather kidnap of its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu by the Nigerian government.
The secessionist group in a publication by its media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful termed the sit at home “Ghost Mondays”, maintaining that the region will continue to observe such protest every Monday until its leader is unconditionally released from detention.
- Ghost Mondays: Anambra State Govt Threaten Workers – Obey IPOB And Lose Your August Salary
- Messi Rejects Neymar’s No 10 Jersey, Chooses A New Shirt
This order was initially perceived by many as a mirage but on a contrary, the region was deserted as people obeyed IPOB’s order beyond expectations. Videos and photos seen by Okanga Trumpeters showed deserted junctions and empty markets across five states of South East, Nigeria. Facebook live reports by Okanga Trumpeters, Punch Online, BBC News Igbo And Pidgin confirmed total compliance to the order.
However, people who spoke to us had different opinions and reasons for the compliance. Few people said they complied because they had to stay out of trouble as they were not certain about what was going to happen. Larger number of people within the region said they complied to the order as their own little ways of showing solidarity with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the IPOB leader.
Kanu was brought back to Nigeria by Nigerian security operative from Kenya, in what is described by many, including some Senior Advocates of Nigeria, SANs as an abduction or kidnap as it failed to follow correct extradition order.
Sit At Home: Truck Loaded With Spare Parts Set Ablaze In Enugu
Atruck loaded with motorcycle spare parts has been reportedly burnt by men alleged to be enforcers of Mondays sit at home in South East and some parts of South South, Nigeria.
The remains of truck content
In Nsukka Local Government of Enugu state, photos circulating online showed a burnt truck, with its contents – motorcycle spare parts, from Nnewi, Anambra state. Okanga Trumpeters learnt the incident happened in Obukpa, a village in Nsukka. No life was lost during the ugly incident as the driver had to flee.
Weeks after Nnamdi Kanu, the IPOB leader was arrested or rather kidnapped in Kenya and brought back to Nigeria, the secessionist group ordered a mandatory sit at home every Monday across the region until its leader is released from detention by the Nigerian authority. The order was later cancelled, following heavy criticisms that trailed such strategy.
It is a month today since the leadership of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB announced the cancellation of of its earlier proposed sit at home in the region.
- Stick With Liquorose If You Want To Survive Eviction – Whitemoney Advises Emmanuel
- Guinea Coup: Soldiers Say President Taken And Govt Dissolved
Despite this, it is seen that some factions have continued to preach and enforce sit at home every Monday. Our correspondent gathered that while some people in the region made it a choice to sit at home, as a form solidarity to IPOB leader, others said they chose to sit at home out of fear of the unknown.
Tension As Suspected Bandits Kill Senator’s Son In Kebbi
Some unknown gunmen, believed to be bandits, have killed Abdulkarim Bala Na Allah, son of Senator Bala Na Allah, an All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain in Kaduna state.
Okanga Trumpeters gathered that Abdulkarim, a pilot was killed on Sunday at his residence around Umar Gwandu Road.
He was the eldest son of the Senator representing Kebbi South Senatorial District in the National Assembly.
- You Deserve 10 Years Imprisonment – Obaseki’s Fmr Aide Attacks Doctors Leaving For Saudi Arabia
- BBNaija Season 6: I Have Not Entered A Plane Before – Whitemoney Reveals
“We now have received the news of the death of Captain Aldulkarim Na Allah. The eldest son of Senator Bala IBN Na Allah.
“He was strangled to death by his assailants at his residence at Umar Gwandu Road, off Gwanja Road in Kaduna.
“His funeral will hold at Kaduna cemetery. May God forgive him,”- Family source said
Military Helicopter Shoots Passenger Boat In Rivers, Many Casualties Reported
Ayet-to-be identified helicopter has reportedly shot at a local passenger boat travelling from Port Harcourt to Bonny in Rivers State.
There are fears of casualties, with some occupants severely injured and rushed to the hospital.
An eye witnesses at the Bonny-Nembe waterside where the boat took off from in Port Harcourt, told newsmen that there were casualties.
While expressing shock over the incident, he said that the boat conveyed passengers and foodstuff.
- One Injured As DSS Storm Recruitment Center, Chase Away Nigerian Doctors Seeking Jobs In Saudi Arabi
- My Relationship With Alex Is Over, Alex Ekubo’s Fancy, Acholonu Breaks Silence
“The local boat that just left here to Bonny, within the Treasure Island area, a chopper or I will call it a flight helicopter, just came behind, went very low and started shooting at the wooden boat.
“From the information we got from a boat driver, there were passengers in the boat. The boat also contained foodstuff such as garri, rice and other items.
“Everyone knows that is the route transporting foodstuff to Bonny. Some people died in the boat,” he claimed
- FFK Instrumental To The Abduction Of Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze
- I Didn’t Know My Son Wasn’t Fathered By Nedu – Nedu Wazobia’s Ex-Wife Says
- Religious Christianity- A Tool Of Oppression, Imperialism And Expansionist Conquest – By Osondu Shere
- UNN Mandates Students To Pay Certain Amount To see results
- Sit At Home: Truck Loaded With Spare Parts Set Ablaze In Enugu
- BREAKING: Uganda’s Museveni wins sixth term with 58.6% vote on
- Expect No Honor, You Played No Role In Training Your Daughter: Man Replies Ngozi Ezeonu’s Ex-Husband on
- Boko Haram Bill An Insult To Nigerians – Plateau Senator on
- world Bank to approve $2.2 billion in support of Nigerian human capital and economic development on
- Seyi Makinde receives 7 days ultimatum to revert NURTW ban on