The total active cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) across the country has risen to 7,782.
This follows the confirmation of 67 new cases by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC.
The agency made the announcement on Friday night in a post on its verified Facebook page.
So far, the country has recorded 164,147 cases since inception with 2,061 deaths while about 154,304 patients have been successfully treated and discharged.
The post reads: “67 new cases of #COVID19Nigeria;
“A breakdown of cases by state can be found on the centre’s website.’
Covid-19 Could Be Treated For Under $1 Daily – Israeli Scientist Says
Ivermectin, a drug used to fight parasites in third-world countries, could help reduce the length of infection for people who contract coronavirus for less than a $1 a day, according to recent research by Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer.
COVID-19: FG places USA, Canada, South Africa, 11 others on watch list
The Federal government has placed 14 countries on watch list as part of measures to prevent a possible spread of the new COVID-19 variant.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, who made this known via his Twitter account on Wednesday, said the measure became necessary following the discovery of variants from banned countries within the country.
- I have not disappointed Lagosians, says Sanwo-Olu
- Unknown Gunmen attack NDLEA Office in Abia, Burn Office
“The affected countries are Canada, USA, France, Germany, Netherlands, Togo, Ghana, Cameroon, Angola, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
“Nigerians returning from lesser hajj would have to undergo a compulsory seven-day self-isolation.
“The state will not hesitate to prosecute anyone, irrespective of status, who fails to comply with the directive.
“The state has, however, developed a five-pillar strategy for curbing a potential third wave in Lagos.
“These include ensuring that all travelers carry out COVID-19 tests while we also introduce PCR tests to determine variants and mandatory seven-day quarantine,” he said.
Rivers government recalls civil servants to work after COVID-19 shutdown
The Rivers State Government has directed civil servants from grade level 1 to 13 who have been at home since January due to the second wave of COVID-19 to resume work from Thursday, April 29, 2021.
The directive was contained in a circular issued on Wednesday, April 28, by the Rivers State Head of Service, Rufus Godwin.
The circular directed all affected civil servants to strictly comply with all COVID-19 protocols by observing social distance and wearing face masks.
The Head of Service also directed all Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Extra Ministerial Offices to monitor and ensure compliance with the directive.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike had on January 20, 2021 ordered public workers from grade level 1 to 13 to work from home except those on essential duties.
- FFK Instrumental To The Abduction Of Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze
- I Didn’t Know My Son Wasn’t Fathered By Nedu – Nedu Wazobia’s Ex-Wife Says
- Religious Christianity- A Tool Of Oppression, Imperialism And Expansionist Conquest – By Osondu Shere
- UNN Mandates Students To Pay Certain Amount To see results
- Sit At Home: Truck Loaded With Spare Parts Set Ablaze In Enugu
- BREAKING: Uganda’s Museveni wins sixth term with 58.6% vote on
- Expect No Honor, You Played No Role In Training Your Daughter: Man Replies Ngozi Ezeonu’s Ex-Husband on
- Boko Haram Bill An Insult To Nigerians – Plateau Senator on
- world Bank to approve $2.2 billion in support of Nigerian human capital and economic development on
- Seyi Makinde receives 7 days ultimatum to revert NURTW ban on